Friday, October 10, 2008

St. George get-away

Katy's grandpa passed away last week. His funeral was in St. George. I went with Devin, Katy & Jacob & they dropped me off at Edith's. I was very impressed with what a good traveller Jacob was. He only cried when he need a diaper change & once when he was hungry. We went down Sunday (EARLY!) morning & came back Wed. morning. Edith took me around St. George...art galleries, historic sights, shopping. We even went to the St. George Musical Theatre & saw The Secret Garden, which was great! This is Brigham Young's Winter Home. Did you know he was only about 5'3"?
St. George Temple. We went through a session.
I made Edith pose in front of what Devin calls a vacation tree.
Yup, same trees. The weather was perfect! I came home & had playground duty yesterday & had snowflakes hit me in the face. Something is not right about that.

2 comments:

Rebecca Hansen

how fun~! i love all the historic stuff. remember when we went to the beehive houses in utah and had a tour of them, that was sooo cool.

Doug and Mallena

I'm sorry to hear about Katy's grandpa, but it's nice that you were able to go with them. Who knew that Brigham Young had two homes?