Sunday, June 15, 2008

Quick week-end get-away

Friday night we decided on the spur of the moment to go camping (same place). So packed up what we had available food-wise and hooked up the camper & the 4-wheeler & left. We made a few quick calls to everyone to invite them along. Larry went to work Saturday morning. I was stuck at the campsite all day by myself. Very quiet except for when Burt or Tucker had to bark at something moving. Larry & Troy came in the afternoon so things weren't so boring then. After a 4-wheeling ride Sunday morning, we came home in time for church.
Happy Father's Day!
You never know what you might get when you go fishing! Larry & Troy even found a second one when they went back. They did catch a couple of nice sized fish, but let them go.

Troy splits wood for our fire.

Is Burt actually sticking his tongue out at me?

This campsite had more mosquitos than any other place I remember. The smoke helped. Brigham & Devin burned sticks after dinner.




5 comments:

Doug and Mallena

Is that chair for you, or for Tucker? Doug was impressed that Troy knew how to split firewood.

Mary Ann and Larry

Funny, everyone figures that Tucker is going to enjoy that seat. Problem is, he probably will!

Rebecca Hansen

i didn't even think about tucker! but yah...come to think of it, he'll probably use it more than you do!

Anonymous

I wish I could've been there! I like the new blog template. No offense but that last one was pretty ugly.:)

Seth and Natalie

Larry looks like Grandpa Ricks in that top picture. A lot.